The fate of twenty-nine Chinese construction workers kidnapped in Sudan is unclear after Chinese officials cast doubts on reports that some were freed.
Chinese state news agency Xinhua quoted embassy officials in Khartoum as saying all the workers were still missing.
Earlier, Sudan’s army said that fourteen had been “liberated”.
Rebels seized the group in South Kordofan state, near the border with South Sudan on Saturday.
He said they were captured together with nine Sudanese soldiers after the SPLM-N attacked and destroyed a Sudanese military convoy in the area.
Via the BBC.