The Occupy Seattle movement released a statement late Tuesday expressing support for “a 4-foot 10-inch, 84-year-old woman, a priest and a pregnant woman who as of this writing is still in the hospital.”
Dorli Rainey is an activist who has supported liberal causes in Seattle for decades. A photo showing Ms. Rainey being cared for by fellow activists in the immediate aftermath of the police incident appeared on news websites around the world.
Paramedics examined a handful of people, including a nineteen-year-old woman who is pregnant, Seattle fire department spokesman Kyle Moore said. The woman was taken by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center.
The skirmish Tuesday was the first clash in weeks.
- 84-Year-Old Activist, Pregnant Teen, Priest Among Those Pepper Sprayed At Occupy Seattle
- Cops pepper spray elderly woman while breaking up Occupy Seattle protest
- Cops Soak ‘Occupy Seattle’ Protesters, 84-Year-Old Woman with Vicious Pepper Spray Assault: VIDEO
- Pregnant, Elderly Woman Among Those Pepper Sprayed
- Elderly woman hit by spray at Occupy Seattle protest: I’m ‘tough’