Todd Stave, the landlord who owns the property in which abortion provider LeRoy Carhart operates his practice, became the subject of egregious anti-choice bullying recently. Protesters posted his personal information online, asking people to call Mr. Stave and urge him to stop renting to Dr. Carhart. They also set up shop outside his daughter’s middle school during back-to-school night, flying a banner that read “Todd Stave: Please Stop the Child Killing” and included his phone number.
Mr. Stave decided to give anti-choicers a taste of their own medicine. He started taking down the names and phone numbers of the people who called him and had volunteers call those people back to thank them for their thoughts and tell them he would not be evicting Dr. Carhart. (Legally, he couldn’t evict the doctor even if he wanted to.)
Mr. Stave also set up a website that responds to anti-choice protesters and offers resources for victims of their bullying.
- Maryland Father Newest Target for Anti-Choice Terrorism (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Countering the Anti-Abortion Bullies, Landlord Gives Them a Taste of Their Own Medicine (crooksandliars.com)
- This week in the War on Women (dailykos.com)
- Probable Scam Kicks Off Week-Long Abortion Protest [Roe V World] (jezebel.com)
- Anti-Choice Protest at School Because Student’s Father Is Clinic Landlord (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)