That’s because he’s afraid of challenging the most extreme voices in his caucus.
We need to make sure that those aren’t the only voices the Speaker is hearing.
If Speaker Boehner brought a clean bill to fund the federal government to the floor – without any of the nonsense about defunding Obamacare – it would pass in a bipartisan vote.
Every day that goes by, more Republicans are starting to say exactly the same thing: It’s time for John Boehner to do his job and listen to the American people.
- Boehner: No End to Government Shutdown Without Concessions
- Boehner: No idea when government shutdown ends – China Daily
- Boehner: Shutdown Won’t End Until Democrats Back Down
- Boehner: No idea when government shutdown ends
- John Boehner Claims He Doesn’t Have Votes For Clean Continuing Resolution Bill
- Boehner: No End in Sight
- Speaker Boehner Shows Strength With This Cutting Statement Aimed At Obama