A right-wing radio host told her listeners to make sure they keep their children away from gay doctors and nurses, lest the children become gay too. Wait. I thought that being gay was a choice. Now it’s contagious, too?
Linda Harvey of Mission America took to the airwaves yesterday to tell her listeners that the Gay Menace was real, and it was waiting to infect their children, to lure them with the baubles and trinkets of the Gay Lifestyle.
But let’s say your eleven year-old has broken her leg rather badly and needs to be in the hospital a few days, which would you prefer: a nurse who’s proud of her lesbianism, who has rainbow identifiers on her work clothing, or a nurse who does not?
I would like to suggest that parents think long and hard about this. If you want your children to admire people who proclaim a homosexual lifestyle, they’re involvement with your child during a hospital stay is sure to be an influence. And let me be clear that folks involved in these behaviors can be certainly competent workers but they are tacking on to their workplace identity one that is highly offensive to many people and can be erroneously influential to children who won’t, or shouldn’t, see the whole picture of how this behavior really manifests itself.
The only way for parents to avoid their children catching the gay, according to Harvey, is to ask that no gays have contact with their children. Write a letter, she suggests. Tell the pediatrician that it’s okay for homosexuals to treat your child in case of an emergency only.
- Hide Your Children From Lesbian And Gay Doctors Says Linda Harvey (lezgetreal.com)
- Linda Harvey, Mission America Radio Host, Warns Parents Of Dangers Of Children Seeing Gay Doctors (huffingtonpost.com)
- Religious Bigot to Straight Parents: Ask Hospitals to Keep LGBT Staff Away From Your Children (slog.thestranger.com)
- Linda Harvey: Beware of Gay Physicians! (pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com)
- Mission America’s Linda Harvey: Don’t Allow Gay Doctors to Treat Your Children (Except in an Emergency) (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)