Businessman Herman Cain‘s nine-nine-nine tax reform plan came under attack from his rivals early in tonight’s Republican Presidential debate in Las Vegas, with Texas Governor Rick Perry telling Mr. Cain, “It’s not going to fly.”
Mr. Cain rejected a report released hours earlier by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center that said 84% of U.S. households would pay more under his plan than they do under current policies.
The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO surged in the polls and is tied with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a new CNN/ORC International poll. Those rising poll numbers brought increased scrutiny for a candidate who was once flying below the radar.
- Cain and Romney Tied, According to New Poll (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- Romney, Cain enter tonight’s debate as front-runners, polls show (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- LIVE UPDATES: GOP Presidential Candidates Face Off In Sin City (huffingtonpost.com)
- CNN Poll: The secret to Cain’s rising numbers (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Candidates go all-in for Las Vegas debate (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)