On a trip through New York City that marked the beginning of a monthlong book tour, Herman Cain chatted with the hosts of The View, promoted his memoir on Fox News, and met Donald Trump and Mayor Edward Koch. He did all of this without campaigning.
According to Mr. Cain’s public campaign calendar, on which nineteen of the days in October are blank, there will not be much campaigning in the future.
It is clear that Mr. Cain can stir up a conservative crowd, but it is not clear that he has a plan to seize his time in the spotlight to do anything other than sell books. Many Republicans doubt this will be enough to launch Mr. Cain in the crucial early states.
When asked why he would launch a book tour while running for the Presidential nomination, Mr. Cain said “the two complement one another.”
- The Unseriousness Of Herman Cain’s Campaign For The Presidency (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Suddenly surging in the polls: Herman Cain. Herman… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Herman Cain: Free Pizza for All Americans! (weeklyworldnews.com)
- Behind the Cain Surge (politicalwire.com)
- Herman Cain to meet with Donald Trump (thehill.com)