A source says the White House spent three days looking at how it could get involved in the case on a federal level. However, it was a state, not federal, case, and the President was unable to intervene.
Via Redding News Review.
- White House Response to Troy Davis’ Pending Execution (bilerico.com)
- Troy Davis Proclaimed Innocence in His Last Words (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- Troy Davis protest outside the White House (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Troy Davis Executed By The State Of Georgia (mediaite.com)
- Troy Davis: Howard Students’ White House Rally (theroot.com)