A recent cache of documents released by WikiLeaks reveals new insights into Israel‘s diplomatic and political relations. The documents cover topics ranging from information about U.S. citizens living in the West Bank to dealing with non-violent protests in the West Bank.
A document from a 2006 meeting between the U.S. ambassador and Israeli foreign minister notes that the model for a secure Israel is keeping Israeli Arabs and Israeli Jews segregated.
More recent documents show that U.S. officials have been aware of Israel’s harsh methods of dealing with peaceful protests in the West Bank since February 2010 or earlier.
- West Bank mosque damaged by settlers in revenge attack (guardian.co.uk)
- Israel vows “tolerance” for Palestinian protests (huffingtonpost.com)
- Israel’s Treatment of Peaceful Protestors (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Israel boosts self-defense in West Bank (rt.com)
- West Bank mosque hit after partial outpost demolition (huffingtonpost.com)
- Israel destroys 3 houses at illegal West Bank community (cnn.com)