Thanks to House Republicans, pizza is now a vegetable. That’s right: House Republicans voted this week to classify tomato sauce as a vegetable when it’s served on pizza to America’s school children. It’s enough to warm Herman Cain’s heart.
In their latest attempt to block everything suggested by President Obama, Republicans have chosen to ignore the childhood obesity epidemic and undermine the President’s initiative on physical fitness and healthy eating.
- Pizza still a vegetable for U.S. schools
- 10 school lunch controversies: A slideshow
- House GOP Classifies Pizza As A Vegetable
- Congress Pushes Back On Healthier School Lunches: Send letter of protest
- The Loyal Opposition: Congress Says Pizza is a Vegetable
- Pizza is a vegetable? Tell Congress to Promote Healthy School Meals
- Echoing Reagan Years, House GOP Classifies Pizza As Vegetable to Cut School Lunch Funds
- Congress Looking to Declare Pizza Is a Vegetable for School Lunches