On his second day back at “The Daily Show,” Jon Stewart skewered Senator John McCain for playing poker on his iPhone during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Syria. “McCain! You’ve been hawking Syria for a year!” Stewart said. “And now you can’t be bothered because you’re a river card away from crushing ‘stashman_42?’”
“You know what, senator? Go. There’s a rascal scooter and a bucket of quarters with your name on it over at the Golden Nugget. You can play all the video poker you want, 99 cent prime rib. Instead of playing pretend poker in the actual Senate, go to an actual casino and pretend you know what the government should do.”
Sen. McCain laughed off the incident, but it quickly become a topic of controversy. He joked that the “worst part” about the game was that he lost “thousands of dollars” — a joke that didn’t quite land with CNN host Wolf Blitzer, who thought he was playing with real money.
Well, at least Sen. McCain is treating the possibility of going to war with all the gravity the situation deserves.
- McCain Caught Playing iPhone Poker During Syria Hearing
- Stewart and Oliver Team Up to Take Down McCain: Are We ‘Interrupting Your Video Poker Time?’
- Busted! McCain plays iPhone poker during Syria hearings
- McCain plays poker on iPhone during Syria hearing
- McCain Caught Playing Online Poker … During Syria Hearings
- Parody: Five Card McCain