President Obama is “tobacco free,” the President’s doctor said in reporting the results of the president’s second physical since he took office.
In a two-page report, Dr. Jeffrey C. Kuhlman gave the President a strong bill of health, saying he was a physically active fifty-year-old who eats a healthy diet, stays at a healthy weight and “on occasion drinks alcohol,” in moderation.
Dr. Kuhlman praised Mr. Obama as “fit at 50” and “staying healthy at 50+.” He said Mr. Obama was current on all age-appropriate screening tests.
Mr. Obama underwent the physical at the White House last week. According to the report, the President has a “well-healed lower lip laceration,” which apparently refers to an injury during a basketball game when he was inadvertently hit by the elbow of Rey Decerega, director of programs for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.
Mr. Obama’s last physical was in February 2010, and the doctor said his next one could come after the election, in December 2012.
- Obama ‘Tobacco Free’ and Fit, Doctor Finds (nytimes.com)
- Obama gets clean bill of health (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- President’s doctor: Obama is healthy, ‘tobacco free’ – The Hill (thehill.com)
- Obama in ‘excellent health,’ physician says (boston.com)
- Obama in ‘excellent health,’ not smoking, doctor says (seattletimes.nwsource.com)