The Chew, an hourlong daily talk show dedicated entirely to food, will make its début next week. It is the first new daytime show on ABC since The View went on the air in 1997. The Chew will fill the 1:00 p.m. slot now occupied by All My Children, which will end its more than forty-year run on ABC Friday.
The Chew is one of many new food shows building on the popularity of the Food Network.
- On ABC’s ‘Chew,’ the Talk Show Meets Cooking (nytimes.com)
- ‘The Chew’ Trailer: Is This a Worthy ‘All My Children’ Replacement? (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- ABC counting on fans to eat up soaps-substitute ‘The Chew’ (ctv.ca)
- Previewing ‘The Chew’: ABC Hopes New Food Show Can Perform (huffingtonpost.com)
- ABC hopes `The Chew’ can win over daytime viewers (seattletimes.nwsource.com)