Trinidad and Tobago has declared a “limited” state of emergency to combat drug-related violence.
The capital city and other cities are under a 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. curfew. Authorities are enforcing the curfew to curb a recent increase in murders.
Last weekend alone, there were eleven homicides, bringing the annual total to 264.
- A State of Emergency in Trinidad and Tobago!!! (trinbagodreamer.wordpress.com)
- 100 held in Trinidad and Tobago’s state of emergency (guardian.co.uk)
- Curfew Implemented! – Canaan, Trinidad and Tobago (travelpod.com)
- Trinidad and Tobago Declares Emergency Over Drug Crimes (nytimes.com)
- State of Emergency (ayearintrinidad.wordpress.com)